These technologies protect sensitive data sent over the internet allowing securely and efficiently exchange sensitive information with business partners, customers, suppliers and subcontractors using ad-hoc, manual or automated file transfer on a single platform and main benefits are:
- Protect reputation: using security technologies that centrally protect all your sensitive files whether in transit over the internet or at rest within organizations.
- Remove IT dependence to accelerate business: greater volumes of data are now transferred easily and a variety of file transfer interfaces allows organizations to select the most appropriate method for their business and all interfaces are managed on a single platform.
- Visibility and control: better control all processes with central management and monitoring and meeting compliance and privacy requirements.
This type of technologies replaces FTP and homegrown file-transfer processes which are unsecured and suffer from high total cost of ownership. Using Secure File Transfer, companies allow the automation of file-transfer operations that are currently operated manually using disks, couriers, USB flash drives, which are expensive and vulnerable to security breaches and have secure solutions that enable users to send large files to outside parties, without relying on email servers to handle large attachments.
Implementation on this technologies decreased investigation data transfer time from days to hours and improve operational responsiveness and productivity.
As organizations understand the need to share proprietary, confidential information with outside parties, you must consider several key challenges:
- Centralized management and complete visibility of all file transfer activity—regardless of the protocol being used and/or the type of transfer.
- Secure file exchange to outside parties while minimizing IT overhead for each new connection.
- Address threats to file transfers, connectivity security, and preventing sensitive information leakage.